It’s hard to find a woman who doesn’t love jewellery, so if you’re buying jewellery as a gift for your wife, friend or partner it is one of the most thoughtful and personal gestures you can make.
You can show your love and devotion in a wide range of jewellery such as, rings, bracelets, necklaces or earrings.
Jewellery comes in all shapes and sizes. When women wear jewellery it creates a personal image as there are many styles of jewellery out there, such as: classic jewellery, gems, traditional and ethnic styles.
If you are finding it difficult to choose the right jewellery gift for your loved one, here are some basic tips to help you out.
- Look in her jewellery box, you can learn about the type of jewellery she likes to wear. From her favourite gems, to the precious metal she likes to wear i.e. gold, silver, white gold etc or even ring sizes.
- If you are buying her birthstone jewellery makesure you remember the date of her birthday.
- If she has a favourite necklace that she likes to wear, you can take the style off it and buy her matching earrings.
- If you don’t feel confident enough to go shopping on your own and need advice ask her friend or a member of her family. They might be able to point you in the right direction about the type of jewellery she likes to wear.
- If you really want to get it right just take them with you, that way she can’t umm and arrr about it.
- Regardless of what jewellery you choose, this is a gift she will never forget. After all, no woman can have enough jewellery.
- Remember to make a good job of wrapping your gift. Use decent wrapping paper and add a nice bow or ribbon.
- For a memory she will cherish forever take her for a romantic meal and surprise her.
Tips on Buying Jewellery for Him
A lot of male celebrities influence the trend of jewellery fashion for men and there is now a new niche market for men’s jewellery.
When buying jewellery for your husband, partner, friend or relative, you need to know what types of jewellery he likes to wear and the type of image he portrays.
He may be a person who loves his ‘bling’ and is into the chunky silver/gold wrist chains, identity bracelets, dog tags, neck-chains, sovereign rings and diamond studded earrings etc and love his jewellery to make a statement.
Or, he may like the subtle and classic jewellery taste like cufflinks, tie pins, simple chains and rings etc and loves his jewellery to look quite simple and delicate.
Therefore before you go out to buy a piece of jewellery for you man find out what he likes and would like to own.