Are you looking for a watch with a specific feature or other functions? Such as:
- Calendars: Most watches with calendars display the date and day of the week. However full calendar watches display the date, day of the week, and month.
- Chronographs: These are like stopwatches showing a measure of how much time has elapsed.
- A tachymeter: This is used alongside a chronograph. A tachymeter measures the average speed by calculating time and a pre-measured distance.
- Moon phase indicators: M oon phase indicators shows, the phase of the moon during the day and is displayed with an image on a rotating disk.
- Tourbillons: These mechanisms used in some mechanical watches, and helps to eliminate potential time errors.
- Water resistant: This is a measure of the watch’s resistance to water in feet, meters, or atmospheres. The information is given on the dial or back of the case. Water resistant up to 30 meters means the watch is splash-proof, up to 50 meters indicates that you can wear the watch in the shower. A rating of 100 meters indicates the watch can be worn swimming and watches with a rating of 200 meters can be worn scuba diving.
- Repeaters: Repeaters announce the time through a series of chimes, when you press a button.
- Telemeter scales: These measures the distance between a watch wearer and an object that generates a visible signal and a loud noise (such as a fired cannon or electrical storm).
- World time: Watches with a world time feature indicate time in all time zones around the world. You choose the name of a major city in a certain time zone to see the time in that time zone.